Music is the Word- Iowa City Public Library
Music is the Word is a nine-month series of music-related programming initiated by the Iowa City Public Library, in partnership with other Iowa City entities, to welcome and introduce the University of Iowa School of Music to downtown Iowa City. Students and professors from the UI School of Music are regular contributors to this ambitious program, and the following events feature individuals from the academic music area:
- Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 11, 2016, 12:00 p.m.
- Marian Wilson Kimber, “Grecian Urns: The Posing Women Behind The Music Man”
The above events are hosted at the Iowa City Public Library.
Second Annual Iowa Musicology Conference
Saturday, March 26, 2016, Drake University
The Opera Studies Forum, a special program within the Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, hosts the “Metropolitan Opera in Iowa” lecture series, coordinated with selected operas from the Met Live in HD cineasts. The talks are held at 5:30 p.m. in University Capitol Centre, Room 2520D (unless otherwise noted) and are free and open to the public.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2016, UCC 2390, 5:30 pm, Bizet’s Les pecheurs de perles, Katherine Eberle
- Wednesday, April 6, 2016, UCC 2520D, 5:30 pm, Donizetti’s Roberto Devereux, Miriam Gilbert
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016, UCC 2520D, 5:30 pm, Strauss’s Elektra, Nathan Platte